PSA - Windows 10 and SSDs

To gain full access to the Hentai Heaven Forum, you need to register yourself.
    • Official Post

Hello Community!

Just a quick information or rather a safety advise to all Windows 10 users out there...

For those of you who weren't aware of the situation prior, my SSD died abruptly and without any signs of failure. It literally just stopped working.

That happened after I upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10!

Now something quite similar is happening...

I removed the SSD, installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a HDD, and just now, the same symptomes! The computer freezing out of nowhere, causing your HDD to a complete shutdown!

Not sure if you are aware of how a SSD works, but a abrupt energy cutoff is DEADLY to such a device!

Browsing through the internet I got aware that several people are reporting the same issue on this topic!

"Hard drive destroyed after Windows 10, anyone else?" or "Windows 10 killed my SSD". Those are just a few of many posts stating the menace called Windows 10...

Every users states the same problem I had with my SSD, making me come to the conclusion that Windows 10 is indeed a absolute SSD killer.

My advise to all you people out there who use a SSD and are currently using Windows 10:

Use the chance to downgrade or swap your SSD with a HDD. Who knows who will get their SSD fried next...

Hope you take this information and perhaps can avoid such a disaster as the one I had to go through.

Thank god I still have warranty on my SSD...

Here is a guide on how to downgrade your Windows back to Windows 7 or 8, 8.1: Click Me

Yours Sincerely,

Chiru Michiru